[SML] Stage floor paint

Nancy Christian Nancy.Christian at vvc.edu
Thu Jul 21 21:58:37 UTC 2016

Have no idea. Water-based. The facilities department of the college handled this contract. My attempts to get answers have not been successful.

My colleague who retired last year used to take care of the floor. Whenever we had the floor drum sanded, he would make his own sealer with a mixture of linseed oil and turpentine heated in an oil drum. Being in California, the floor company could not follow this formula. I’m thinking the past years of linseed oil in the pine isn’t playing nice with the water-based sealant and that is what isn’t allowing the tough prime to stick. The sticky paint issue is different. I tried some Valspar exterior deck paint that did the same thing as the Sherwin Williams.

Nancy Christian
Technical Director
Performing Arts Center
Victor Valley College