[SML] Leviton Dimming Racks

Bill Conner billconnerastc at gmail.com
Mon Jul 25 16:10:42 UTC 2016

I don't know what you mean by middle ground.

I think about a high school system as having 100-150 focusing units.
Quite simply, all costs considered, total cost of dimmer racks and
quartz is about same cost as distributed power and data and LED units.
You can quibble around the edges - are 24 LED washes  for top light
equal to 36 quartz wash units (18 per wash for two colors) but
overall, with current products, I see no reason not to.  Some projects
I may increase FOH  circuits and use quartz profile units and solo
dimmers on the yoke, but those days are passing.

The trick may be educating the bean counters on all of the costs of
the dimmers and quartz - dimmer rooms, triple or quadruple sized
feeders and HVAC, and a lot more and longer copper in conduits - but
the numbers work without looking at operational savings and advantages
and safety.

--
Bill Conner Fellow of the ASTC