[SML] Up coming project

Pat Kight kightp at peak.org
Fri Jun 3 13:12:41 UTC 2016

Ross via Stagecraft wrote:
> A few years back someone started a thread about positive things going
> on in their theatre lives as apposed to problems they were trying to
> over come.  It became a list of who was doing what production, when.
> Ever since, I, or someone else has restarted this thread about this
> time of year.
Nothing, nothing and nothing for me through the end of 2016; I'm getting
ready to retire from my (decidedly non-theatrical) day job on Dec. 31,
which means this year is devoted to wrapping up multiple
home-improvement projects, getting my finances in order and  taking care
of some health stuff while I still have the good insurance. Just had got
one cataract removed and am still adjusting to that, but loving the
results. It's as if I've been wearing a dusty old bastard amber gel over
my eyes for years!

However, now that the word's getting out that I'll have more time on my
hands in 2017, people are coming out of the woodwork to ask me to
direct/design. I'm being picky; life's too short to do shows I don't
like. Looking at doing "Mr. Burns: A Post-Electric Play" early in the
year, and have at least two more possibilities in the works (not to
mention a burgeoning photography practice that's starting to bring in
some money.) So much for whiling away my retirement years on the front
porch. :)
--
Pat Kight
kightp at peak.org