[SML] Up coming project

taco at peak.org taco at peak.org
Fri Jun 3 02:13:56 UTC 2016

>>>A few years back someone started a thread about positive things going on in their theatre lives as apposed to problems they were trying to over come. It became a list of who was doing what production, when. Ever since, I, or someone else has restarted this thread about this time of year.
I appeared in 3 productions last year. A small and a medium part in Reader's Theater, and An Adult Evening of Shel Silverstein. It's been about 8 years since I was on stage in a role that I had to memorize. I directed Grace and Glorie for the Readers Theatre program. I just finished designing lights for a production of Looking For Normal. There are 16 scenes in each act. I added some pieces to the deliberately simplistic set design so that there was a rainbow across the set when nothing was lit. Each scene flowed to the next, but the not-needed parts of the set were always the rest of the rainbow. Actors just moved into place in the colors. No time wasted on scene changes, and a nice visual image tying it all together. Given the limited resources of that theater, it was a very effective choice. One of the companies I was working with the last 6 years seems to have gone on semi-permanent hiatus. A shame. One of the 2 local community theaters has new management and is having a grand rebirth and doing very well. The other is doing fine. I've been cast in a Readers Theatre production that hasn't started to rehearse, and submitted Terra Nova for next season, which hasn't been chosen yet. My band, which is excellent and harmony-rich, rehearses regularly and plays out almost never. We need a manager. I'm still writing songs I may never find time to record. I do a lot of that writing on the camping trips in tha Cascades that have become a regular event for me. The 'real' job I've been doing the last 2 years is building maintenance and involves stairs, and I have lost 15 pounds of beer belly climbing those stairs, after being the same weight for 20 years. There are still no local BBQs worth mentioning.
Thanks for asking, and I hope all of you are as happy as I am.