[SML] Position Posting: Props Carpenter

David Bowman dmbowman at syr.edu
Wed Jun 8 14:11:07 UTC 2016

Hey gang,

Posting this here and on the FB page.  I will try to answer questions if I can (or I can send you to the Prop Director)

Props Carpenter: Syracuse Stage, a professional LORT theatre affiliated with Syracuse University located in the heart of Central NY, is accepting resumes for a Props Carpenter. Successful candidates should have at least 2 years' experience working in professional theatre, preferably as a prop carpenter.  Skill set should include excellent theatrical carpentry, furniture construction and repair, prop fabrication, problem-solving and organization. Sewing, scene painting and/or upholstery experience a plus.  Candidates must manage time well and work effectively with students and professionals alike in a fast paced environment. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. and have a current driver's license. Position is full time seasonal, approximately from early July to mid-May. Season calendar may vary slightly from year to year. Syracuse Stage and the SU Drama Department produce 12 fully realized shows per season. Show scopes vary widely. The prop shop professional staff includes the Prop Director, Prop Carpenter and Props Artisan, and a student staff of a part time Graduate Assistant and 2 Work-study students. Prop shop facilities include a fully equipped wood fabrication and painting shop, a soft goods and graphic design area, onsite small prop storage and 2 offsite furniture and large prop warehouse facilities. Send cover letter, resume and recommendations to Don Buschmann, Syracuse Stage, 820 East Genesee Street, Syracuse, NY 13210. E-mail: mailto:dgbuschm at syr.edu. Syracuse Stage encourages minorities to apply. EOE

dave B.

David M. Bowman
Master Electrician/Adj. Professor
Syracuse Stage/S.U. Drama