[SML] HDMI

FBC Tech Team sound at faithbc.net
Tue Mar 8 18:37:32 UTC 2016

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 12:01 PM, Daniel Ayers via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> All the big names make great converters, though I've been quite happy with
> converters from AMX/SVSI, Extron, and SmartAVI. That said I've not found
> one that doesn't work but I generally stay away from brands I don't
> recognize.

To be clear, the AMX/SVSi converters (which I'm building a very large
system from at work, 300+) are one of the few AV network cable converters
that are actually "networked" rather than point to point, as most of the
extenders are. They require a Gigabit network at least and require a
software program (included) to patch from transmitter to receiver, however,
they can also be controlled via Crestron, AMX, and other automation
programming systems. They are also capable of transmitting either raw or
lossless compressed video via either CAT5e/6/7 (compressed only) or fiber.
They're also a bit more expensive than their simple point to point extender
counterparts, but are quite a bit more advanced as well.

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Jeff Klein, DMC- E
Audio Visual Project Manager
Dept of Defense
Washington D.C. District

 "Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for God
opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." 1 Peter 5:5