[SML] PVC socket cap

taco at peak.org taco at peak.org
Wed Mar 16 21:48:27 UTC 2016

- Have you looked at a bulkhead fitting through the cap?
Bulkhead fittings. So that's what those are called. I have been looking for those for 40 years, manufacturing them out of toggle switches and other oddities, as a way of smoothing the edges of the hole in the center of the bottom of a metal washtub, when you turn it into a bass, to keep the thin edge from sawing through the string. And now that I know what they're called and can afford them, I'll probably never need one again.