[SML] preferred vendor status wording and advice?

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Mon Mar 21 15:49:21 UTC 2016

Dear Herrick,
How do you circumvent 'Lowest Responsible Bidder' statutes and other
policies? Are you worried about being undercut on one event, or across the
board? It seems that 'wink-wink' arrangements are better for business. If
you ever sue to enforce the contract, you will probably lose customers well
beyond the one that you have contracted with, along with legal fees that I
would be happy to earn. We are not even considering 'Restraint of Trade'
issues.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 7:13 AM, Herrick Goldman via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Hey gang!
>
> I hope you all survived USITT.
>
> I’m looking for some advice.  Are any of you at venues that have preferred
> vendors?  I’ve been asked to write up a deal memo with a relatively well
> known institution and I am looking for wording.
>
> Basically for me it means that they go thru my company for any lighting
> equipment rentals or purchases. As well as design services for special
> events.
>
> Is there a way to enforce this?  I don’t want or need to be heavy handed
> in this.  It feels like a handshake agreement and as long as I stay
> transparent all should go well.
>
> So does anyone have any advice or boilerplate contract wording?
>
> Thanks
>
> Herrick
>
> --
> Herrick Goldman
> Lighting Designer, NYC
> www.HGLightingDesign.com
> 917-797-3624
> "To the scores of silent alchemists who wreak their joy in darkness and in
> light bringing magic to life, we bow most humbly. "-CDS

/s/ Richard
_________