[SML] Blackout button on Gio?

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 12:56:12 UTC 2016

On 3/28/16 4:53 PM, cpcroteau cpcroteau via Stagecraft wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> Having some trouble building a macro that will function as a blackout
> button on the ETC Gio.  Our current designer is a bit flustered that the
> Gio doesn't have one, and i'm hoping someone can help me figure out the
> syntax to build a macro to create a blackout button?  I need to leave
> non-intensity parameters alone and just take out intensity.

As someone else suggested, you can build an object in the Magic Sheet
that targets the "Blackout" console button. This works just like they
physical button, toggling the Blackout state on then off.

If the Magic Sheet is not an option, a simple macro would be "Clear_Cmd
Select All Intens Out"  This, however, does not toggle like the blackout
button does, you would need a second macro to release the channels --
"Clear_Cmd Sneak Time 0 <enter>"

Hope this helps,

Steve L.

(I'm puzzled the Gio doesn't have the physical B/O button.  I mean, even
my Ions have that.)

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall