[SML] Blackout button on Gio?

Stephen Litterst litterst.stagecraft at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 20:12:12 UTC 2016

On 3/29/16 3:18 PM, John Taylor via Stagecraft wrote:

> I am curious why you would use a BO button during a show instead of a Q
> on that type of console?

I had a stage manager who was an expert at milking the audience during
bows.  Rather than bouncing the curtain we'd B/O and restore to keep the
applause level up.  Since we never knew how many times he'd ask for it,
it was just easiest to hit the B/O button on the console.

Other places I've worked, when we'd hit a break during tech, the
worklights would be turned on from their physical switch and we'd just
hit B/O to save the lamps/gels/etc during the break.  Hit the button at
the end of break and pick up from where we left off.

Just two examples, I'm sure there are more...

Steve L.

--
Stephen Litterst            Technical Operations Supervisor
litterst at udel.edu           Mitchell Hall