[SML] : Re: Stage Pistol?

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu May 5 09:42:53 UTC 2016

Dear Bill,
So, Municipalities and other Powers That Be and Property Owners always rely
on (presumptuously) Chinese insurance from the Manufacturer, or
(presumptuously) US insurance from the Distributor, for Public Protection?
/s/ Richard
_________

On Wed, May 4, 2016 at 9:25 PM, Bill Nelson via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> > Dear Jerry,
> > But wouldn't your insurance that covers you loading pyrotechnics for
> public
> > performances, also cover you for loading blanks for public performances?
> > /s/ Richard
>
> Typically, no. The insurance I have for fireworks displays only covers the
> insurance is
> provided by the fireworks distributor as part of the cost of the materials.
>
> If I were to modify one of the shells, or include a shell not provided by
> the
> distributor, then the insurance would be void.
>
> Now, if I had a pyrotechnics manufacturing license, then I could load
> blanks
> for use in public.
>
> Bill

/s/ Richard