[SML] Stage pistol?

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Thu May 5 17:14:21 UTC 2016

Dear Dave,
I'll have to be more careful next time I post to an e-list of Professionals
who should be familiar with both stage safety and stage etiquette. I can't
assume ANYTHING when I post on a specialized, invitation-only, list.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 10:04 AM, Dave Vick via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> On Thu, May 5, 2016 at 9:22 AM, Richard Niederberg via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
> > I am sorry if anyone was not paying attention to logic, and took my
> comment
> > seriously.
>

> Richard, it wasn't that you were referring to that specific firearm
> (which would indeed be ridiculously oversize for many but not all
> productions) that we objected to; it was the thought that one could
> use *any* real firearm, loaded with blank ammo, onstage.  A dinky
> little Kahr .32 or S&W Airframe .38 would be much more "scale" for
> most theatrical productions involving gunplay, and they are both
> equally as inappropriate to have onstage as any fifty-caliber
> hand-cannon.
>
> --
> Dave Vick
> Flyman/Rigger, "Annie" On Tour 2015-16