[SML] Variable speed motor

Ray Pierce rayp7357 at aol.com
Tue May 10 18:29:40 UTC 2016

The correct tool would be a Creative Conners show control wagon system but that would require 3 phase power and a big budget. If you must use a motor Grainger has some 90VDC variable speed motors that might be strong enough depending on the speed you need which is the real mitigating factor.

I would however really second the manual method as it will give you more control without having to worry about all of the limit switches, E-stops and everything you else you would need to make a motorized system practical. It would also be a lot quieter which is a big problem with the less expensive motor options you might get. That method could be anything from a hand cranked cable drum to pulling a rope.

Good luck!

Ray Pierce