[SML] Variable speed motor

Paul G. pguncheon at gmail.com
Tue May 10 20:46:50 UTC 2016

Not sure if they would have the power you need but I, with my "harvest and repurpose" tendency, would look at treadmill motors. Maybe it's just my experience, but I tend to see quite a few treadmills curbside during bulk trash pickup times.

Variable speed A.C. Motors are comparatively rare and quite expensive as opposed to D.C. Units it seems... but I think you found that out already.

Do you need to vary the speed during the bit or do you want it find the preferred single speed?

Laters,

Paul 1

Sent from my iPad