[SML] ETC Element effects

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Fri May 13 04:44:43 UTC 2016

> I’m running an ETC Element console and for an upcoming project I’m looking
> to create two effects, being new with effects i was curios as to what was the
> best way to build these. The first effect is to have my LED fixtures change
> colours in shades of blues and purples (as many different shades of blue and
> purple as possible). The second effect would be a random intensity chase in a
> way that all lights are always on but at different intensity’s. If you could
> help that would be great!

For the color fades, you should be able to create two or three color palettes,
then fade between them - either via an effect or looping cues. I accomplished
a similar effect in the last show I designed by patching the fixture's color
parameters to individual channels - then created the effect using those
channels.

The chase would be a step effect - although I am uncertain if you can get a
random intensity. Explain a bit more exactly what you are trying to
accomplish.

Bill