[SML] Patrick McCreary passed away today.

Scott C. Parker scparker at gmail.com
Mon May 16 13:00:35 UTC 2016

Ray, great idea.
I've posted here http://techtheater.org aka http://hstech.org/

Thanks, Scott

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 4:36 AM, Ray Gibson via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Patrick wrote an article in 2013 about laying 'masonite' stage floor on
> his faculty web page here:
>

> http://www.arts.iup.edu/facthe/gpatrick/instructions/duron%20instructions.htm
>
> Which, in my opinion, even though it may be common knowledge among most
> here, is of textbook quality and deserves more permanence than a likely to
> be removed eventually faculty homepage.
>
> Are there any worthy repositories of Stagecraft information that we can
> suggest absorbing this into? I'd hate to have to rely on the wayback
> machine to find this page in the future.
>
> Going back to sleep for now...
>
> Ray
> On May 14, 2016 17:51, "Wayne Rasmussen via Stagecraft" <
> stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
>
>> I met Patrick years ago when he rented my school a DC motor and associated
>> gear to edge drive a turntable.  In a subsequent year, he taught me how to
>> lay a Masonite floor with minimum nails, and warping.  The last contact I
>> had with him was last year when he loaned us many curtain carriers for our
>> winter musical.  Patrick was always helpful, supportive, and willing to
>> share his extensive knowledge.  I will miss him.
>>
>> Wayne Rasmussen
>> Blair Academy

Thanks,
Scott

Scott C. Parker
Lighting Designer http://scpld.com/ Studio 212-533-3430  Cell 718-757-6661
http://twitter.com/stageseminars
https://www.linkedin.com/in/lightingdesigner
USA829, IES, PLASA, USITT, ETCP certified Rigger & Electrician