[SML] Gel history

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Mon May 16 19:17:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, May 16, 2016 at 12:03 PM, Stephen Litterst via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> What's the history behind  Rosco's Surprise Pink? (I understand the
> surprise, it's a lavender gel that produces a pink light.)  Was the surprise
> truly a surprise?  Did the lab aim to make a lavender gel and the light came
> out pink?  Or did they aim to make a pink gel and they got the light color
> correct, but the physical gel color was the surprise.

I'd be curious too....   I have read the back story on "Bastard Amber"
was indeed that they were going for another color, but kept coming out
with that color, and they were castoffs in a pile of "bastards," and a
designer (Skelton?) saw the color and wanted to incorporate it into a
show he was working on....

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com