[SML] Summer maintenance lists

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Tue May 17 17:00:22 UTC 2016

Clean air filters on:
Dimmer racks
Amp racks

If you're really enthusiastic, pull all dimmer modules and check inside the modules and the rack.
Tighten all lugs (neutral, grounds, and hots) in the dimmer racks (yes, they do become loose).

Cycle all breakers on Dimmer modules (Clean off any oxidization)

Test venue / building emergency lighting system.  Do all emergency lights come on?
Test/exchange/re-load all fire extinguishers

Clean booth windows, clean FS windows
Clean FS, replace FS gel

Test all clear com packs and kits.
Test all mic cables (with a tester)

Clean all mic wind screens

Conduct hearing test for all staff (results are always interesting)

Inventory of all cables (TLG, UG, Mic, speakon).  Do you have enough?  Make some more.

Refresh tie-line on all cables (or Velcro, or whatever you use).
Refresh all tie-line on your hanging goods.

Open all amps, visually inspect (any capacitors bulging??), dust inside

Clean the orchestra pit, lube pit lift mechanism (or similar).

Re-sort/tidy gel land/cupboard.  Inspect/toss dead gel or frames.....

Console maintenance: clean face panel, vacuum fader grooves.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director / Head Lighting Technician

604-822-2372
Andrew.riter at ubc.ca