[SML] NYC Stagehand shot by police

FBC Tech Team sound at faithbc.net
Thu May 19 23:31:32 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Ray Gibson via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> 9 shots?  We weren't there so we don't know how endangered the officer was
> but this really seems like the kind of situation you use tasers or other
> less than lethal force for.  Or bullets to the legs or something...

With 3 cops with guns, that's only a quick 1,2,3 from each...it's not like
they say, "ok guys, I'll shoot first".
Cops are trained to shoot into the main body mass...trying to shoot out
someone's legs or arm (or gun out of his hand) has a high chance of failure
and further endangers surrounding onlookers.
Tasers can be an option, but they're effectively hit or miss, especially
with belligerent, drunk or drugged up folks who have less sensitivity to
pain (and less reason).
It's not like the movies where every cop is a martial artist that can
disarm someone with ease.

Jeff

Jeff Klein, DMC- E
Audio Visual Project Manager
Dept of Defense
Washington D.C. District

 "Clothe yourselves, all of you, with humility toward one another, for God
opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." 1 Peter 5:5