[SML] NYC Stagehand shot by police

Brian Munroe brian at themunroes.com
Thu May 19 23:40:06 UTC 2016

I knew Garry. Casually as a co-worker. Did 4 loads in with him in the last few years (a broadway load in being between 2-6 weeks). He was a good stagehand and a decent kind person, at least from what I saw. I have heard from others who knew him better than I that he had some issues he struggled with. The "Ray" mentioned in the article is a lying sack of shit. Don't know him, but from what has been circulated by the stagehands in town and the Local One President he was not a union member. I don't know if or where Garry may have been working, but it was not at Book of Mormom as has been reported. Most of the reporting is terribly inaccurate.

And for the police to call his pocket knife an 8" knife is absurd. 4" blade probably. Just as deadly and threatening to the cops no matter the size, I'm sure. In any event, still an illegal knife by the stupid standards of the NYPD and the DA.

I feel for Garry's friends and family, and also for the officers involved. Don't believe everything the media is reporting about this.

Brian Munroe

Sent from my iThingy. Please excuse any typos