[SML] Cones, was: Re: Where can I find a tall music stand for standing sax player

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Sun Nov 6 14:15:38 UTC 2016

IME you should be shopping around your local traffic safety supply
stores. We found a 4x range of pricing on the exact same item so it
definitely pays to make several calls. Also, freight on these is a
killer so local sourcing makes sense.

We found 18" cones with reflective bands for about $8 each with a few
phone calls.

If they're out in the weather the cones deteriorate after a couple of
years and the color fades away. Getting a stock of new ones that nest
well (if they are different tapers they seem to adhere to each other and
are difficult to separate and may break) will probably be cheaper than
the man-hours to patch them together.

Once you have them get a stencil and mark them for identification. That
tends to discourage wandering a bit.

Have fun!

Carla

Life is too short to worry about what others may think or say about you.
Have fun and give them something to talk about.