[SML] Parking cones - Was - Where can I find a tall music stand for standing sax player

billn at peak.org billn at peak.org
Sun Nov 6 05:15:28 UTC 2016

> I do like the idea of building up the bases (from the top side or the bottom).
> Thinking of two 3/4" plywood rings on top of the base affixed with screws and
> large washers..
> Thanks

You may not need much additional base thickness, just enough to keep the inner
cones from stretching the ones stacked on top.

For example: if the base gap is 1", then you could put 1/2" plywood rings on
both top and bottom of the base and fasten with screws. Washers shouldn't be
necessary.

I suspect part or all of the splitting problem is from stacking cones from
different makers on top of each other.

Bill