[SML] Ubuntu 16.04

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Tue Nov 22 23:30:49 UTC 2016

On Tue, Nov 22, 2016 at 2:24 PM, Alf Sauve' via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Did I mention how much I hate EDID (and HDCP)?    For those of us who want
> to dictate what our settings should be we're constantly having to do
> workarounds, like the Extron DA, to hold a fixed resolution regardless of
> what we plug in to the system.

I have the most obnoxious problem with our QLab Mac Mini (with
next-to-latest OS on it) - always, ALWAYS grabbing the external display
(Extron/projector setup) as the primary display.... EVERY TIME.  We have
our desktop (true primary) display on HDMI, and the Extron/projector on a
Thunderbolt/HDMI adapter.... and even if I switch them and power up, the
damn thing ALWAYS takes the Extron/projector as the primary - even if it's
not powered on.....  Ugh.

Our workaround is to power up the Mac BEFORE plugging the adapter in.  But
plugging in the adapter BEFORE opening QLab, otherwise all our projection
settings are gone.

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com