[SML] American DJ DMX II Disco ball motor

Nigel Worsley niglew at googlemail.com
Fri Nov 25 16:32:45 UTC 2016

On 25 November 2016 at 15:05, Matthew Whiton via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:
> The dipswittches aren't labeled so I'm having some doubts about whether the values run 256-1
> or 1-256.

There is no easy way round that, try every permutation until it works.
Note that some gear needs the power to be cycled before it will read
the switches and obey the changes.

> Also the DMX in and out aren't labeled, so I don't know if I'm
> trying to talk to it through the wrong port?

The male connector is the input, but the vast majority of gear has the
connectors wired in parallel anyway so it is unlikely to matter which
one you use.

Nigel Worsley