[SML] Ubuntu 16.04

Bruce Cooper bruce at ledworklights.com
Mon Nov 28 12:25:50 UTC 2016

On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 12:35:33 PM CST, Jerry Durand via Stagecraft
wrote:
> Originally I was able to create a config file that seemed to work but
> the very next software update erased the file.

  Unfortunately super common for Ubuntu to clobber locally created config
files.  Try creating an xorg.conf file in the appropriate location again
and see if that doesn't solve it.

  I used to remember how to prevent the clobbering, but now usually I just
keep backups of all my locally-created configs and then copy back if one
gets clobbered during an update.

:Bruce
--
Itinerant (ice skating) Stagehand