[SML] Solenoids

Paul Guncheon pguncheon at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 02:44:41 UTC 2016

>  I have used solenoids to drop / release stuff literally hundreds if
> not thousands of times, so I might have a few pointers.

<<Please don't feel you need to hold back.  I am sure there will be plenty
of eyes, eagerly looking forward to your next post on the subject.  Note
that stories about failures are probably, at least, as valuable as
successful set-ups.>>

I was waiting for at least one person to ask. Otherwise I think I would
feel like I'm shouting in the desert.

99% of the time, I've used what I call solenoid "triggers". They're fairly
simple devices but here are some aspects of them that need to be considered
to make them foolproof... or at least to get as much power out of
the solenoid as one can. Let me cobble one together and see if I can get a
picture up online somewheres. I haven't put one up for general viewing
before but it would make explanations much simpler and clearer.

Laters,

Paul 1