[SML] india ink on blonde floor

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Thu Oct 13 20:30:41 UTC 2016

So, a HS group is coming in next month to do 1 piece as part of a University Bands concert.

They are creating a piece to perform here that involves dancers and 3 overhead projectors.

It appears that they want to use India ink on the OH projectors and have the dancers dancing in that light (think 1960s coloured oil and water effect).

We're a concert hall, blond maple floor.  Yes, I'll be putting paper and plastic tarps down.

My question:  unlike paint (which is what I first heard about), how bad is India Ink?
How long does it take to dry?
Can it be cleaned up with water?
Can it be scraped off the floor when dry?
Will it eat into the floor finish (like a Sharpie)?

Any words of warning greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre for the Performing Arts
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
6265 Crescent Road | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z1 Canada
Phone 604 822 2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca<mailto:andrew.riter at ubc.ca>
[UBC E-mail Signature]