[SML] Security: Active shooter

Kristi R-C misswisc at aol.com
Sun Oct 16 21:40:40 UTC 2016

It's becoming more common and is part of any prudent person's risk management tooklit. The standard for schools is ALICE, basically:
Run
Hide
Fight
with an emphasis on RUN!

Had a lengthy discussion with my campus police officer about what to do in the auditorium vs. in class as the aud may have members of the general public who haven't gone through the training and practice our students do. We train our ushers and have a prepared god-mic speech.

Kristi R-C