[SML] rechargeable 9V

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Wed Oct 19 18:32:47 UTC 2016

As always, check what actual voltage the product needs and what the
battery puts out.  In the notes for that charger
*auto detection and charging for 7.2V/8.4V/9.6V batteries*

I have seen some products won't even start up with rechargeable batteries.

On the other hand, just had a D-cell Maglight with LED retrofit flicker
and go out.  Checked the (disposable alkaline) batteries and they barely
moved the needle on the battery checker.  Typical switching power
supply, runs great until it doesn't and then darkness.

If these had been rechargeable that deep discharge would have probably
destroyed one or more of the batteries.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com