[SML] Sanding/Grinding Glass

Matthew Whiton mattwhiton at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 15:13:56 UTC 2016

All,

       I bought some classic green glass lamp shades 10" cone with a 2.25"
fitter to use with some cord pendants. The glass shades are so poorly
manufactured that the fitter surface is not parallel with the bottom of the
shade so it hangs crooked.

What should I be using if I want to grind/sand the fitter surface down to
correct the problem?

I tried adding material to to compensate first, but that raised the fitter
up so that it doesn't seat in the indentation where the screws are supposed
to land.

Many Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Matt