[SML] Sanding/Grinding Glass

Colin Williams cw.mpls at gmail.com
Thu Oct 20 11:33:45 UTC 2016

My sister does stained glass work and has bailed my butt out a couple of
times.   Her small craft size grinder can handle an amazing variety of
glass types and shapes.  Check art departments or stained glass studios.
Good luck.
Colin

On Wed, Oct 19, 2016 at 10:13 AM, Matthew Whiton via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> All,
>
>        I bought some classic green glass lamp shades 10" cone with a 2.25"
> fitter to use with some cord pendants. The glass shades are so poorly
> manufactured that the fitter surface is not parallel with the bottom of the
> shade so it hangs crooked.
>
> What should I be using if I want to grind/sand the fitter surface down to
> correct the problem?
>
> I tried adding material to to compensate first, but that raised the fitter
> up so that it doesn't seat in the indentation where the screws are supposed
> to land.
>
> Many Thanks in advance for your suggestions.
>
> Matt

Colin Williams
612-703-6656