[SML] Advancing development of a new flash for antique cameras

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Mon Oct 24 02:14:14 UTC 2016

If you only need 1 flash, then just way overpower the LED.  You may need
to clear coat it with RTV to contain any explosion.

Could even mount them in sockets so the reporter can change them.

But, LEDs can be way overpowered in a controlled short pulse.  It's not
hard to get 10 Watt LEDs now, if only used for a moment they don't need
the giant heat sink.  10 Watt without overpowering it may be all the
light you need.