[SML] Ion / ultratec radiance hazer

Matthew Whiton mattwhiton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 1 22:36:08 UTC 2016

All,

       We've just acquired an Ion, (upgrade from a 48/96 express) This is
our first time using a ultratec radiance hazer with the new board. We can't
seem to get the output to drop to zero. The address is set to 001 , so I'm
not in manual mode. The valid dmx led is illuminated. Another device daisy
chained off of this one is working fine, so I'm reasonably sure the DMX
node is working fine. We tried swapping machines from the rental house to
see if something was wrong with the unit. The hazer does respond when the
board calls for haze and fan speed. But the haze output won't drop to zero
when the channels are set to zero. This isn't just a 5 minute lag, either,
it will keep putting out continuously if we don't turn cut power to the
unit.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Matt