[SML] Pepper's Ghost

illuminati500 illuminati500 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 6 15:23:40 UTC 2016

You can do it with some filing with some  human- size sections of LED video on the floor facing upwards but tilted slightly upstage to mask the images from the audience view  with  movie images of the ghost version, plus a a sheet of glass  tipped forward at 45 degrees relative to the video screen  to reflect the image. It looks most effective if there are lit objects behind to help with the see -thru effect. Alternatively you can use a projector on a bar pointing straight down at a RP screen , parallel to the floor suspended above head height  plus the sheet of glass.  Some image predistortion  may be required, fairly straightforward math.. Please note that in either scenario angle of view is strictly limited, and other light needs to be carefully controlled.

Another option is a traditional peppers ghost,  a double in the wings surrounded by blacks and strongly lit, sheet of glass on stage.