[SML] Great SML mind...

Paul G. pguncheon at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 20:44:47 UTC 2016

It took me about 5-6 days and I don't recall how many attempts to install Windows 10. When I finally was able to install it took over 24 hours. I found Windows 10 to be so bad I uninstalled it almost in less than the 24 hours it took to install. Why would I want to learn a completely new version of the same operating system? Why would I want to search for stuff that the OS had decided to move around for some perceived "convenience".

Sometimes new is not better. Companies tend to improve something until it's no good. Movement and change are not always an improvement... or even necessary. But then I expect companies need to have 'something' to sell.

In response to fervent requests from its consumers (actually I don't know anybody who wanted this) Apple removed the headphone jack from the new iPhone but included an adapter in case customers wanted use their earphones which, of course, they already own. In this release, the adapter is free. Later on it'll be around $160.00... or so I read. For some reason I think this was deplorable corporate controlling move, but then it is not totally unlike some of the Windows versions that forced me to replace my scanner, printer, and several programs.

Sigh.

Paul 1

Sent from my iPad