[SML] GIT question for the mind of SML

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Sat Sep 17 01:56:26 UTC 2016

A customer is now using github and I tried to update my branch, only to
find out you can't do dotted files over the web interface.  Fine, I'll
use git from a terminal window.  Err...not so fast, my files are on an
SMB host and things aren't working.

I wound up having to turn on a Windows machine, install the Github app
there, and then use the browser to update things. It was messy as I just
bulk updated all the files since Windows doesn't have a "copy if newer"
option. At least the customer has his update for today.

My question:  There has GOT to be a Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) gui app for
this but I haven't found it.  Anyone have a link?

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com