[SML] Shop dust collection

Mt. Angel Performing Arts Center admin at mtangelperformingarts.com
Wed Sep 21 15:48:42 UTC 2016

> On Wed, Sep 21, 2016 at 10:20 AM, Bill Potter via Stagecraft
> <stagecraft at theatrical.net <mailto:stagecraft at theatrical.net>> wrote:
>
>     We’re FINALLY adding dust collection to our scene shop and I thought
>     I’d check in and see what folks like.
>
>     At this point, I think we’d like to go with one overhead general
>     ambient filter (with a remote) for general dust collection from the
>     air and individual vacs for each stationary power tool. Any specific
>     brands that you like (or ones to avoid) would be great to hear about.

In addition to what others have said, consider filtering and
recirculating the exhaust air back into the shop, or at least include
some sort of valve to allow that as an option.

Sucking heated or cooled air out just means you have to replace it with
newly conditioned ($$$) air. Recirculation can save on heating/cooling
cost as long as all the nasty little particulates are filtered out.

Carla

Law of Selective Gravitation: Any tool, when dropped, will result in the
greatest possible damage to the equipment bring serviced.

Cole's Law: finely chopped cabbage