[SML] Question for Props Artisans

dale dale at cybercom.net
Mon Sep 26 15:15:03 UTC 2016

Well, thus is actually a complicated question.    There are a couple is questions implied.  Primarily it comes down to this.  Is your friend working as an artisan realizing someone else's designs or are they an artist/designer creating a work of wearable art within general guidelines provided by the commissioner of the artwork?
If the first, then a time and materials work for hire contract would probably be appropriate.   If the second, then the issues of copyright, design credit, and ownership after the run of the show need to be addressed.
I would also put in a clause for billing for repair and refurbishment for damage during the run of the show.  Should someone drop the thing and a scenery wagon runs over it.
Dale
Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE smartphone