[SML] Question for Props Artisans

Richard Niederberg ladesigners at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 14:29:46 UTC 2016

Dear Stephen,
How about if he builds it and rents it to the production? It can still be a
Work Made for Hire as far as the ownership of the Design is concerned. Many
costumes and props are reused for Casse Noisette year after year, worldwide.
/s/ Richard
_________

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 5:03 AM, Stephen Rees via Stagecraft <
stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Listers,
> I have a friend who has been commissioned to execute a wolf's head and a
> couple of other pieces for a production of Nutcracker. He has done many
> such fanciful sculptures previously but as his own works of art, not as
> works for hire. His question to me - and now to you - what is the best way
> for him to charge for this work? Time and materials? Flat fee? Hourly?
> Other options?  We've already discussed the need for a letter of
> agreement.  Your assistance and advice gratefully appreciated.
> Thanks,
> Steve
>

> Stephen E. Rees
> RAC Addition Project Shepherd
> State University of New York at Fredonia
> 716.673.3208 Office
> 716.680.1565 Mobile

/s/ Richard
_________