[SML] Big Blocks of EPS

Keith Newman keithbnewman at gmail.com
Tue Sep 27 19:31:15 UTC 2016

I am working on an upcoming production of Anything Goes and wanted to
create two ventilation stand pipes for the ships deck. I was thinking about
creating them from a combination of Sonotube and a collapsible children's
playtunnel for the curve or perhaps sculpting the whole thing out of foam.
If I go with foam, I will probably need some blocks that are 30"x30"x8' No,
they won't be 8' tall when completed but I will be cutting off 2' and
affixing it to the front, top edge to create the curved top of the stand
pipe. When we are done with the pipes, they will be mounted to castered
basses.

What are your favorite sources for Expanded Polystyrene. I am in the
Cleveland area.  Universal Foam Products looked the most promising after a
google search. I am not against ordering from them but I have no idea what
other vendors are out there.

Also, what are your preferred adhesive for joining large pieces of foam?

Thanks,

Keith Newman
Technical Director
Cleveland Heights High School