[SML] Big Blocks of EPS

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 27 20:23:27 UTC 2016

>Cc: "Keith Newman" <keithbnewman at gmail.com>
> I am working on an upcoming production of Anything Goes and
> wanted to create two ventilation stand pipes for the ships deck.

Other than foam, another approach may be to stretch fabric between pipe loops.  The elbow part is the part that won't work well if the design is of a smooth elbow. But, if you make it look more sheet-metal like, then it would work.

For a bell-shaped inlet, if you use a spandex fabric, it would form a nice bell shape. The part I am not clear on with this approach, is how the ring for the bell part is held in position.  Perhaps use foam for that part, but the rest is the fabric.

The main benefit to using fabric, is that you can collapse/disassemble it and put it in storage while utilizing much less space.

-Joe