[SML] 36" sphere

Allison Koster kosteral at juno.com
Wed Sep 28 19:56:16 UTC 2016

How about a weather balloon?  Did projections and lighting for a dance piece a handful of years ago that used 3 weather balloons---2 were ~40" diameter, and the center one was around 60" diameter.  Lightweight, reasonably durable (we had a couple of spares but didn't need them), and they didn't lose air for the 10 days they were used in rehearsal and performances. At one point the dancers interacted with them, then disconnected them and took them off stage.  I had them suspended from our grid using tie-line ending in a dog-clip; tie line was pulled up off stage by a dancer so the clip and line wasn't visible once the balloons were struck. To store the weather balloons backstage, we had another 3 pieces of tie-line with dog-clips suspended from the grid so the balloons were somewhat out of the way and protected from most sharp objects.  The weather balloons were purchased by the guest choreographer (from Minneapolis), so I can't help you with a source, but I'd start with google... Allison Koster
Worthington, MN