[SML] 36" sphere

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Thu Sep 29 14:30:36 UTC 2016

Took light perfectly...

Need more coffee.

From: Stagecraft [mailto:stagecraft-bounces at theatrical.net] On Behalf Of Ford Sellers via Stagecraft
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2016 9:51 AM
To: Stagecraft Mailing List; JKanyuck at harford.edu
Cc: Ford Sellers; Allison Koster
Subject: Re: [SML] 36" sphere

I agree completely with Allison's suggestion.
When we built the 1999-2000 NYE show for the MGM Grand, we used several weather balloons, lit with wash lights, and gobos to look like planets.
They look light perfectly.  The effect was striking.
They were cheap (ish), light, easy to use and hang.... Pretty much ideal for our purposes.

I have pictures somewhere of the lit, and unlit stages (all white, completely decorated with light... extremely cool).

I'll see if I can dig them out.

-Ford

How about a weather balloon?  Did projections and lighting for a dance piece ...

Allison Koster
Worthington, MN