[SML] 3D printer

Joe D jdunfee12 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 14 17:03:02 UTC 2017

I recently used a 3D printer at a local maker club to make a 4" analog current meter to stick on a fake antique lighting console for Singin in the Rain. (the console is for sale for $20, local pick up in Lancaster PA area only).  Though, I am beginning to wonder how soon they will really start taking over more traditional methods of making props in theater.  They have been affordable for years now. But, I imagine that finish is the biggest barrier to using them for a lot of things.  Also, unless  you can find exactly the model you want online, you have to be a CAD jockey to create the model.

Anyway, Monoprice.com is slated to release a new printer later this month, the MP Mini Delta at $149.  They are also putting out a an upgraded version of some other models, such as their Select Mini, which will now have a heated bed in the v2, and stay the same price at $200.

https://all3dp.com/monoprice-delta-mini-v2-select-plus/

Joe Dunfee
jdunfee12 at yahoo.comt