[SML] 3D printer

Jon Ares jonares at arescreative.com
Fri Apr 14 17:18:48 UTC 2017

On Fri, Apr 14, 2017 at 10:03 AM, Joe D via Stagecraft
<stagecraft at theatrical.net> wrote:

> Anyway, Monoprice.com is slated to release a new printer later this month, the MP Mini Delta at $149.  They are also putting out a an upgraded version of some other models, such as their Select Mini, which will now have a heated bed in the v2, and stay the same price at $200.

I got a Monoprice Select Mini ($200) - and have had a great time
making 1/4" scale model bits, and then some larger scaled bits for the
scene shop.  Using primarily PLA for the models, and been playing with
transparent PET-G for fun.

But Joe's right: one really has to become a 3D CAD jockey to really
get the most out of this. And making small props: awesome idea, but
yeah, one will need to master Fusion or SolidWorks. (Or put up with
the frustrations of SketchUp.)

--
Jon Ares
www.arescreative.com