[SML] 3D printer

Jerry Durand jdurand at interstellar.com
Fri Apr 14 17:21:13 UTC 2017

On 04/14/2017 10:11 AM, Joe D via Stagecraft wrote:
> I just tried to find where I saw that Monoprice's Select Mini v2 will
> have a heated bed, but I could not. It is possible I mis-remembered
> that detail. The new Mini Delta is slated to have a heated build
> plate. This is very desirable for using ABS, which is stronger and
> more heat resistant than the PLA which is more commonly used. A model
> I had made in PLA distorted in the heat of my car, so I am going to
> use ABS from now on.
> Monoprice has not disclosed the detailed specs for the new printers yet.

Just for those who don't know the different printers, the Rostock Max is
a BIG printer.  Especially good for tall things like vases.

Also, if you make smaller items out of PolySmooth and use a PolySher,
you get a very smooth surface.  They're just a "little" behind in
shipping, i was supposed to get mine in October.

--
Jerry Durand, Durand Interstellar, Inc.
www.interstellar.com