[SML] 3D Printing

Paul G. pguncheon at gmail.com
Mon Apr 17 22:31:57 UTC 2017

So... what software should I choose in order to do some 3D printing as well as CNC milling? As I am currently disabled and living on an extremely limited budget. The software must be inexpensive or, at best, free. Also the learning curve must have a large radius as I seem to have developed a disconnect when it comes to learning any type of "drawing" software. I used to use ACAD LT to do space planning before I went on the board to design and draft a set. ACAD was great for making the changes necessary in the initial set design phase, but hand drafting was much faster for the final work. at least it was for me. I taught myself AutoCad and then ACAD LT without any problem but now when I go to learn a new software, my brain seems to seize up. So, if I have to put out what for me would be a considerable amount of effort to learn a new software, I would like it to be the right one.

Anyways, what do y'all suggest?

Laters,

Paul 1

Sent from my iPad