[SML] Floor plans of black box/studio theatres they really like?

Riter, Andrew andrew.riter at ubc.ca
Tue Apr 18 21:26:18 UTC 2017

A gallery catwalk +10'  on one wall (either for audience for school pieces/projects, OR a performance area without building a set)

Catwalk where the railings were canted out (30deg ??) from vertical.  It meant that you never needed to yoke out a lamp that was top light, AND you could double stack lamps, one off the mid-rail, and 1 off the top rail, AND they didn't interfere with each other.

Large doors (15' tall, 5' wide each half) to the carp shop

Noise dampers in the doors to prevent noise coming into the space.

Storage space, that isn't THE wing space or the loading dock.

Andrew M. Riter
Assistant Technical Director, Head Lighting Technician
Chan Centre for the Performing Arts

604-822-2372
andrew.riter at ubc.ca