[SML] Gel colors for Sweeney Todd

taco at peak.org taco at peak.org
Thu Apr 20 22:21:42 UTC 2017

When no one is looking, spatter the set and costumes with a grey wash. Tone the colors down so that the direction of the lights, and the shadows, can actually be noticed. Let go of the notion that nice definition and visibilty of the actor's faces is valuable, and work with a harsh key light and almost no fill. Use some floods on the set to create separation from the actors, instead of down or back lights.
Or just turn on the fluorescent worklights. Who'll know the difference?