[SML] Source 4 Power and LED Cabling

Ford Sellers fsellers at chauvetlighting.com
Fri Apr 21 22:10:04 UTC 2017

Hey Wayne,
 not to be too commercial, but...
You may also want to look at something like our Synapse 4. This is exactly the sort of situation we designed it for. https://www.chauvetprofessional.com/products/synapse-4/

It has 4 relays, and a built in opto-splitter, for distributing both power and DMX. It can sit in a rack backstage, or hang from a clamp on the batten with your fixtures.

The cool thing is that you can set the relays to either respond to DMX, turn on and off on a schedule, or simply to turn off the relays when you turn off your lighting console (when it doesn't sense DMX anymore).  You can also set a delay on that feature (of up to 2 minutes), so that you have a few minutes to move your console, or to reset it if you have a problem during a show.

We recommend these for churches, and schools, where the lighting is run by volunteers, as it takes the thinking out of powering the rig up, and down at the end of the night (or rehearsal, or the show, or whatever).

Thanks, and have a groovy weekend!
-Ford